Triathletes can sharpen technique and maintain fitness by using an indoor bicycle training stand.
If you’re a triathlete and happen to live in a part of the world that has snowy, frigid winters than an indoor bicycle training stand better known as a wind-trainer might just be the perfect training tool for you. Your triathlon training won’t miss a beat in the winter and in many ways it’s actually superior to training out on some dusty highway.
Better yet, an indoor bicycle training stand is also exceptionally handy to have around all year. There are numerous reasons why owning an indoor bicycle training stand might be the smartest investment you ever make.
SIX REASONS TO CONSIDER BIKE TRAINING INDOORS
- Weather will never be an issue when you just have to get that bicycle training in. Wind, snow, or rain, you will always be able to stay bike fit.
- You can put a bicycle training stand in pretty much any room where you have a little bit of extra space. For those long indoor rides park it in front of the television and watch your favorite movie.
- You will never have to worry about potholes, dogs, or motor vehicle traffic. Mechanical failures that leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere would be a non issue.
- If nature calls, there’s a bathroom just down the hall.
- Need some water or something to eat. The kitchen isn’t very far away.
- Heading out for a run after an indoor session on your bike is ideal transition training for race day. If you’re short of time you can do a bike session followed immediately by a 30-60 minute run. This will give you a good idea what to expect on race day as you get off your bike and put on your running shoes.
BIKE TRAIN NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE
There are people all over the world who are interested in becoming triathletes. They may even have the urge to take on the Ironman. There are isn’t always a highway nearby for bike training on a regular basis. For this reason many aspiring triathletes give up on the idea of being part of the sport.
There is really no reason one couldn’t do the bulk of their triathlon bike training without ever leaving their home. You can work on technique, endurance, and speed on an indoor bicycle training stand. You can do interval training and use bigger gears to mimic hill climbing.
Of course it would be helpful to do at least some of your bike training outdoors to work on balance and cornering. Other than that there’s no reason why 75% or more of your bike training can’t be done in the comfort of your own home.
Of all the triathlon equipment you buy, an indoor bicycle training stand could well be the most valuable.
Visit Ironman.com for information on upcoming ironman triathlon events.
TOTAL IMMERSION DISCOUNT